Test Lead, Lead Test Analyst, ISTQB, ISEB, Hertfordshire
Urgent opportunity has arisen for a Lead Test Analyst to join a company based in Hertfordshire
Suitable Lead Test analysts will plan, monitor and control all the testing activities and tasks, including the day-to-day management of the existing Test Team. The Lead Test Analyst will also be responsible for producing regular status and test reports for dissemination to department heads
- To maintain and expand the existing Information Systems Test Strategy including the drive to more automated testing.
- To deliver initial estimates of the testing effort needed for new developments and functional enhancements.
- To deliver Test Strategies and Test Plans for all new developments and functional enhancements, plus risk assessments and the associated mitigation plans and contingency actions.
- To plan, monitor and control all the testing work, including User Acceptance Testing undertaken by subject matter experts situated within the business.
- To review change requests, assessing the impact on test plans and schedules.
- To report on the status and progress of all testing activities for new developments and functional enhancements.
- To be responsible for creating and maintaining the necessary test environments.
- To ensure proper configuration management of all the test documentation produced.
- To deliver traceability matrixes for new developments and functional enhancements.
- To produce Test Reports and actively participate in “Go / No Go” meetings.
- To lead the recruitment of additional testers as and when needed.
- To provide leadership and guidance to the test team on best practice, plus develop and agree realistic training and development plans.
ISTQB or ISEB Qualification
- Proven track record in a similar role with a minimum of 2 to 3 years practical experience of leading and developing test teams
- Proven track record of recommending and implementing improvements for both software development and test life cycles.
- Practical experience of implementing test automation tools.
- Demonstrable experience of testing web based applications together with a working knowledge of web based technologies.
- Demonstrable database expertise enough to create reasonably complex SQL queries. ? Previous programming experience would be a bonus
- Knowledge of UK household insurance products.
- Knowledge of General Insurance business applications such as TIA.
- Use of project management tools such as Jira.
- Awareness of testing tools such as Axe from Odin and/or Selenium
Please call or send me your CV for full job spec!