Lead Solutions Architect – Applications – Office 365, Windows 7,10
An opportunity has arisen for a lead Solution Architect. Someone with an application background, who can consult around application portfolio, i.e. audit, rationalisation understanding what other tools are in the marketplace etc. We need someone that has helped previous clients do an end user migration from W7 to W10, either to the cloud or stay as it is. Understanding Microsoft strategy, upgrade analytics and office 365. Talk to clients about application compatibility challenges etc. as well presales and writing statement of works (contracts) responding to bids etc.
To maximise sales, revenue and profit opportunities with all of the clients, partners and prospects by demonstrating technical value to the sales process. The Lead Solutions Architect will be involved in pre-sales scoping and proactive involvement in winning new business. Will be actively involved in new services creation and help drive them into sales & delivery. The Lead Solutions Architect (LSA) will ensure that all Service and Technology solutions are articulated and understood by Business Partners and New/Existing customers.
The Lead Solutions Architect is responsible for demonstrating Consulting on Service offerings. You will be responsible for scoping, presenting & writing documentation to support pre-sales activities as well as when required delivery of said consultancy/service. You will be responsible for keeping up to date with the latest technical innovations in our area of specialization and driving and creating new services for the business to sell. He/she is responsible for ensuring all technical issues prior to and during the client engagement are resolved and agreed with the customer. The LSA must also provide escalation where necessary to the Operations Management Functions.
- Awareness of Contractual Details by engaging with Sales, Ops Management to ensure the scope of services is understood and adhered to.
- Scope Technical Solutions relating to services, tools and consultancy offerings and resolution of complex technical issues and technical escalation (internally and externally).
- Provide Escalation Management by either managing issues directly or escalating to the customer or senior management.
- Create documentation including customer proposals on a range of technical services as required.
- Proactive support of pre-sales and bid processes where required.
- Delivery of technical workshops for internal and client/prospect/partner personnel.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by organising & attending workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices.
- Assists knowledge management by ensuring an environment conducive to exchanging and sharing knowledge internally and externally is maintained.
- Liaise with other clients personnel to ensure process and procedure is continually improved. Ensures feedback on all procedures and systems is escalated to appropriate levels and followed through to ensure implementation is carried out.
- Is flexible and must be willing to travel throughout the UK and Europe when requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
- The ideal candidate should have 10+ years’ experience working as a Solutions Architect in a client facing roles in Enterprise-scale organisations.
- The individual should be able to work with and present to clients of all levels, up to the main board.
- Experience in Application Migration including discovery and audit software toolsets, Applications Management, Software Asset Management and End-to-End Application Lifecycle Management is a must.
- A track record in delivering change management based architect roles where formation and sign-off of a business case forms part of the change process
- Individual should be able to provide pre-sales support on Application related opportunities and write text for bid and RFP responses as and when required.
- Experience of innovation and creative ideas to help develop the company’s solution portfolio.
- Degree or equivalent desirable
- TOGAF, ITIL v3 and relevant industry or technology qualifications expected.