Microsoft, Windows Server, Active Directory, Citrix, 3rd Line, Bracknell
We need an Microsoft Infrastructure Server Engineer to join our client based in Bracknell, suitable Windows Infrastructure Server Engineers will work as a member of the Infrastructure team, ensuring the availability, performance and functionality of the core IT systems needed to provide the business with the services it requires. The Infrastructure team is, responsible for the management of all IT infrastructure including Servers, networks, unified communications, messaging, backups and server applications.
Day to day duties
Ensure the availability of all mission critical IT systems infrastructure.
- Deploy and support all aspects of infrastructure technology, including Servers, storage, networks, telephony, and applications.
- Proactively analyse systems and ensure that any issues are rectified within defined SLA’s.
- Take ownership of project related tasks and ensure actions are completed within agreed timescales.
- Provide support to other areas of IT where appropriate and mentor other team members where possible.
- When required, participate in work that is outside of normal working hours, including the monthly security patching activity Participation in a 24 x 7 on-call team rota.
- Production of technical documentation, including solution design requirements and support procedures.
Minimum 5 years in an Infrastructure role administering and maintaining key Microsoft server technologies
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy,
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016, Windows Clustering.
- Proven ability to maintain Dell and HP server hardware platforms and the associated data centre management, required to provide a scalable and highly available environment.
- Experience working with server virtualisation technologies including Hyper-V 2012R2 2016 and Microsoft Virtual Machine Manager 2012R2 -2016.
- Demonstrable skills in managing a virtual desktop infrastructure using Citrix XenDesktop with supporting user and environment profile technologies and Wyse thin clients.
- Proven experience working with network storage technologies (SAN) ideally including Nimble, Pure Storage, Nexsan, Brocade fibre Switches and WORM storage.
- Demonstrable ability to maintain Backup technology systems such as Veritas NetBackup.
- Experience working within a disaster recovery environment and awareness of the concepts involved in providing highly-available systems across multiple data centres.
- Cisco Nexus routing and switching administration experience.
- Experience in maintaining Cisco Unified Communications telephony systems.
- Ability to work with system vendors on complex issues, working towards resolutions within appropriate timescales.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.