Windows, Server, IIS, Applications
We need a Microsoft Application Engineer to join are client based in Bracknell. Suitable Application Engineer will work as a member of the Infrastructure team, ensuring the availability, performance and functionality of the IT applications and systems needed to provide the business with the services it requires. The team is responsible for the management of all IT infrastructure including applications, Servers, networks, unified communications, messaging, and backups.
Day to day duties
Ensure the availability of all mission critical IT systems infrastructure.
- Deploy and support all aspects of infrastructure technology, including applications, Servers, storage, networks, telephony, and backups.
- Proactively analyse systems and ensure that any issues are rectified within defined SLA’s.
- Take ownership of project related tasks and ensure actions are completed within agreed timescales.
- Provide support to other areas of IT where appropriate and mentor other team members where possible.
- When required, participate in work that is outside of normal working hours, including the monthly security patching activity.
- Participation in a 24 x 7 on-call team rota.
- Production of technical documentation, including solution design requirements and support procedures.
- Work with development and other stakeholders to maintain an enterprise service bus to best standard practice.
Minimum of 3 years working in senior IT support roles focussing on Microsoft solutions, in particular deploying and maintaining web based applications on Microsoft Windows server platforms.
- Microsoft Windows server (2012 R2/2016) administration.
- Demonstrable experience administering web server technologies, which must include Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Experience of Scripting and automation principles, including PowerShell.
- Knowledge of PKI and certificate management.
- Experience managing and maintaining application delivery controllers (including load balancing).
- Demonstrable experience of deploying web applications within formal change and release management frameworks.
- Ability to work with system vendors on complex issues, working towards resolutions within appropriate timescales.
- Experience working within a disaster recovery environment and awareness of the concepts involved in providing highly-available systems across multiple data centres.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Ability to prioritise workloads to deadlines.