Windows, Azure, Hyper-V, VPN’s, Infrastructure Engineer
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Windows Infrastructure Engineer to join our client based in Berkshire who really invest in their staff. This role will provide the suitable candidate with progression and the ability to develop their 2nd / 3rd line skills and experience within a Microsoft Server/Azure environment.
You’ll be a junior to mid-level engineer with a strong background in the Microsoft technology stack, virtualisation, networking and a strong desire to build Cloud computing skills. You’ll have day-to-day responsibility for running of a mission-critical IT infrastructure. If you are a good on premise Windows Infrastructure Engineer keen to move to cloud please still apply.
Essential skills and experience:
- Windows Desktop / Server administration
- Automation and scripting knowledge with PowerShell
- Building and supporting IT infrastructures
- Good understanding of Virtualisation environments including Hyper-V
- Knowledge of networks, transportation methods, protocols, firewalls, VPNs and an understanding of load balancing technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English with the ability to presents information clearly using appropriate grammar, spelling and punctuation
- An understanding of MS Azure architecture including IaaS and PaaS and SaaS services and Azure identity management
- Linux Server Administration
- Managing Cisco network devices
- A proven track record of application hosting and deployment
- Experience of Microsoft System Center
- Comfortable managing an Office 365 environment
- Experience with source control technologies such as VSTS or Git
Please call or send me your CV for full job spec an information.