Up to £35k (£8k per year when you have a place on the on-call rota). Plus up to 10% annual bonus.
Urgent opportunity has arisen for an SQL DBA to join are client based in Berkshire.This is an excellent opportunity for an SQL DBA looking to further, grow and develop as our client really invests in staff and offers great training opportunities.You will join a team that supports SQL, Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS), Business Intelligence in a Windows Linux environment.
Day to day responsibilities
- Responding to an array of SQL Server issues, ranging from a simple job failure all the way through to database corruption and that dreaded P1 incident.
- Reviewing / looking into why a database transaction log grew the previous night, which led to a disk space issue,
- Looking into a T-SQL script that has reported to be running slower than normal.
Essential skills our as follows
- Couple of years’ experience as a production SQL DBA
- Troubleshooting technical issues across the entire stack – network, hardware, software, SQL Server and applications, finding the root cause and designing, proposing, and implementing solutions
- Installing, configuring, administering and tuning Microsoft SQL Server
- Proactively undertaking performance analysis and assessing our customers’ environments
If you are looking for a company to move your career forward then this is the opportunity for you as they will cover the cost of study for SQL Server-related MCSA and MCSE exams to make sure you reach your full potential.