My client is currently seeking a Desktop System Engineer to act as a technical escalation point for the Service desk and Project teams as required. This role requires a dynamic, enthusiastic and proactive person who is detail and process oriented and who can work well individually or within a team supporting a range of different types of users and systems.
- 2nd & 3rd Line Escalation Point for the IT Service Desk Mac support and Project teams.
- Assist administration for application/OS packaging and deployment and asset management.
- Major contributor on the road map for Windows Desktop systems, testing and advising on new hardware and OS releases.
- Work well with other team members and other teams as required.
- Fix hardware faults where possible, provide assistance with and perform system builds/re-builds, software installation, upgrades and patch management on PCs, laptops and peripherals as required.
- Minimum of 4 years IT technical support experience in an ITIL focused service environment, (including administration/troubleshooting of Desktop issues, Active Directory, Web browsers, Exchange mailbox, etc}.
- Manage Global software deployments using Microsoft SCCM 2007/2012
- Experience in enterprise software deployments using Microsoft SCCM
- MSI & Windows installer technology.
- Software packaging and distribution
- Strong troubleshooting and administration skills for Windows 7, 10 and Microsoft Office suites.
- Awareness of virtualised environments.
- Self-motivated professional with ability to work both alone and as part of a team.
- An excellent personal time-manager with good prioritisation skills and strong attention to detail.
- Automated software packaging and distribution
- Strong written and verbal communication skills- both face to face and over the telephone.
- Very organised, works well under pressure and able to manage time effectively while juggling issues/requests with different priorities.
- Degree in systems engineering or related discipline.
- MCSE is an advantage
For more information and a full JD please apply.