Cloud Programme Manager, Azure, Insurance, Financial Services
Opportunity has arisen for a Cloud Programme Manager to join an Insurance/financial services organisation based in Central London. Suitable Cloud Programme Manager will help our client go through major transformation and change projects. They are undergoing a major programme of infrastructure of investment modernising its entire IT estate and moving to the latest technology.
Suitable programme managers required to manage a key strategic programme of work to migrate the entire application estate from on premise to the Azure Cloud. The role will be instrumental in working alongside the architecture function to define the migration approach, prioritise the rollout to minimise disruption to the Business, and deliver the core platform build and infrastructure to support the new model.
Role responsibilities as follows:
- Delivery of significant Infrastructure change projects or programmes (£500k-£3m).
- Project Management following the Project Methodology guidelines and project governance framework which is based on Prince2.
- Producing project documentation as required to a high standard.
- Managing and reporting on project budgets to ensure that the projects are delivered within budget and with transparent cost management.
- Developing project plans and managing milestones to ensure that projects are delivered within the required timescales
- Identifying project resource requirements and managing those resources to deliver the project artefacts.
- Managing project scope, tasks and deliverables to agreed acceptance criteria.
- Identification and management of risks and contingency plans.
- Directing and co-ordinating activities of project team members to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget
- Ensuring project deliverables are produced to required levels of quality
- Tracking progress against expected benefits to ensure that those benefits are still achievable.
- Preparing project status reports to keep management and stakeholders informed of project progress and related issues
- Co-ordinating and responding to requests for changes from original specifications
- Working with third party suppliers and managing supplier relationships to ensure delivery to contractual requirements
- Adhering to project governance and supporting PMO in the delivery of the overall portfolio.
Essential skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years project management experience on Infrastructure projects.
- Technical expertise is not expected, but familiarity with data centres, networking, unified comms, active directory, Microsoft office products, Cloud technologies (Azure or AWS) and Security applications is highly desirable.
- Experience of managing data centre migrations to hybrid cloud environments
- A good understanding of Azure and cloud deployments
- Experience of managing third party supplier relationships and familiarity with outsource arrangements.
- An appreciation of current IT technologies and able to discuss and explain to Stakeholders with limited technical knowledge.
- Has the authority and skill to establish good working relationships and influence decisions at all levels of seniority within the company.
- Prince2 or a similar recognised Project management qualification
- Agile project delivery
- Degree Level educated.