Application Packager – MSI, App-V, Windows, XenApp
Urgent opportunity has arisen for an Application Packager to join a growing organisation in London. Who will be responsible for the quality packaging or sequencing of applications in line with customer requirements. Responsible for ensuring all processes and standards are followed and the throughput of work is maintained. The role will also entail troubleshooting applications on and offsite and lead a team of packagers working closely with the Service and Delivery managers.
- Application Engineering; ensuring quality and SLA guidelines are adhered to for all client based and internal application packaging in MSI and sequencing for App-V.
- Application Quality Assurance; ensuring testing standard and procedures are adhered to and reported on.
- Awareness of Contractual Details by engaging with Solutions Architect and Project Manager to ensure scope of services is understood and adhered to.
- Provide Application Expertise relating to; technical environment, packaging or sequencing standards, core builds, all processes and tool sets, systems, resolution of complex technical issues and technical escalation (internally or externally).
- Supports Project Managers in providing technical responses to emerging issues, ensuring these are dealt with in a timely fashion.
- Provides Escalation Management by either managing issues directly or escalating issues to the customer or management.
- Provide Documentation on a range of technical issues as required.
- Act as Core Technical Resource for clients and for the team he/she is leading.
- Contributes to Team Effort by creating an effective working environment accomplishing related results as needed.
- Assists Knowledge Management by ensuring an environment conducive to exchanging and sharing knowledge internally and externally is maintained. Ensure knowledge notes’ are kept up to date and make staff aware of important issues.
- Liaise with other staff to ensure process and procedure is continually improved. Ensure feedback on all procedures and systems is escalated to appropriate levels and followed through to ensure implementation is carried out.
- Is flexible and can perform various functions when required.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Career background to include MSI application packaging and App-V Sequencing for at least 4 years with experience in providing problem solving and Application consulting.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems.
- MCSE Windows 7, 8.x & 10 or equivalent qualification is desirable.
- Can demonstrate knowledge of MSI, App-V, XenApp, Wise, InstallShield, Orca and WinInstall packaging technologies.
- Experience of software implementations into medium and large enterprise businesses.
- Knowledge of industry best practices for MSI and App-V.
- Can provide quality technical and reporting documentation.
- Experience of, Active Directory, SCCM, Registry issues, Novell and Windows File Protection.
- Able to determine key aspects of packaging or sequencing standards.
- Operated in blue chip’ company or quality services partner